We are living in the century of science and technology and introduction of science in our daily has transformed our lives. When people had no idea about science, even then their lives were governed by principles of different branches of science. When we light a fire, it is a chemical process; when we eat and digest food, it is biological process; when we walk on Erath, it is governed by laws of physics; when an Earthquake occurs, it’s a seismic activity; when we talk about different terrains and gems of Earth surface, it is related to Geology. There is no single activity of our lives, which define our one or other field of science. Similarly, physics governs our everyday lives and is involved in a number of activities we perform and things we use in our daily life.

Physics is considered natural science because it deals with the things like matter, force, energy and motion. As these all are related to task related to everyday life, so, we can say that physics studies how the universe works, how Earth Moves around the sun, how lightening strikes, how our refrigerator works and many more. In short, physics define how everything works around us. When cannot separate anything from science and, our world cannot disconnect itself from the wonders of Physics. When we look around us, we can see a number of things that work on the principles of Physics. We can explain our several activities by making use of the knowledge of Physics.

A number of principles of physics are involved in simple act of walking. It involves concepts of weight, Newton’s three laws of inertia, friction, gravitational law and potential and kinetic energy. When we walk, we actually act like an inverted pendulum. When we put the foot on ground, it becomes our axis and our mass is centered in our abdomen, describing the shape of an arc. When we set foot on ground, we actually put weight i.e w=mg and apply backward force on ground, as the response to our weight, ground responds by an opposing force which is vertical in nature, on leg which slows us down and this slowing process continues unless our leg comes nearest to our tummy. When leg is moving, kinetic energy is at maximum and potential energy is zero, but, when leg reaches nearest to belly or arc, potential energy reaches to its maximum. When another step is taken, the stored potential energy is converted to kinetic energy and this process continues. We act as an imperfect pendulum, because all potential energy is not converted into kinetic energy. Only 65 percent of energy is provided by stored potential energy to take next step, remaining 35 percent is provided by bio chemical processes.